Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 2000 22:35:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   BSDCon East

Several of us were talking on IRC the other day about trying to
organize a BSDCon on the east coast of the U.S.  Instead of just
pestering Jordan, we figured it would be more productive to do some
of the legwork ourselves and see how feasible it would really be.

So far the consensus has been that either Atlanta, Ga or somewhere
in the DC area would be the most probable sites.  However, that
greatly depends on the amount of corporate sponsorship that can be
drummed up in the respective areas.

Another point of agreement so far is that BSDCon-east should
compliment BSDCon-west by being at the opposite end of the year,
i.e. in the early spring.  Obviously, spring 2000 is out, but
perhaps spring 2001 or 2002 would be feasible.

Anyways, if there is interest, then we need to figure out if we
can convince any corporations into sponsoring this, and it also
needs to be planned.  So, here's hopefully a spark to get the ball
rolling.