Date:      Sat, 24 May 1997 19:32:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Named -- Specifying addresses to bind to.

On Sat, 24 May 1997, Josef Karthauser wrote:
> One of the supporting DNS machines, 194.242.128.2, also currently lives on
> our virtual web server.  This also has a whole class C of DNS addresses

So then you need 8.1.  Install 8.1 and build named.conf from your
named.boot.  The conversion script seems to work pretty good.

Most people don't need this though so it would be a mistake to
put it in the base distribution for some time to come.

BTW, we run a cache only name servers on our virtual host systems.
Still eats RAM but you don't have to service requests from anyone
but yourself.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  714 443 4172
 DPC Systems / Beach.Net                                    dan@dpcsys.com