Date:      Tue, 25 Jun 2002 20:30:21 -0400
From:      Alexander Kabaev <kabaev@bellatlantic.net>
To:        walt <wa1ter@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need testers: patch for CURRENT C++ troubles

make clean all install in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/cc should be enough to
update the compiler. You will need to recompile
/usr/src/gnu/lib/{libgcc,libgcc_r, libstdc++} using the new GCC binary
as well.

> 1) gcc3.1 from the ports compiled nicely today after failing
> yesterday. 2> gcc2.95.3 from the ports still fails to compile today.
> 3> xosview still fails to compile today.
>
> Question:  for your patch to actually do anything I assume I first
> needed to make world (or at least recompile gcc), is this correct?
The patch does not fix _compilations_. It fixes broknen exceptions
handling in C++ code. Just recompile STLPort with and without my patch
to see the what I mean.

--
Alexander Kabaev