Date:      Fri, 11 May 2001 04:42:31 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@eboa.com>
To:        Nuno Teixeira <nuno.teixeira@pt-quorum.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4-STABLE and now the ports?

Nuno Teixeira wrote:

> I have upgraded my system to 4-STABLE. Now I'd like to know how I upgrade
> my ports too. Should I use the /usr/share/examples/cvsup/ports-supfile?
>
> Now I'll run cvsup regularly with the stable-supfile. Can I use both to
> keep my system stable but with the earlier ports?

If you've modified the "*default host=CHANGE_THIS.FreeBSD.org" entry
as well as any other entry that begged attention, yeah, you should.

But mind that they are distinct files. You can roll them into one, but
that is something you should do yourself. It's not done for you. Check
the archives. It has been done - and asked - before.

Roelof