Date:      Sat, 8 Jul 1995 13:08:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Rob Misiak <rob@indecent.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Broken cc/gcc

I have the latest 2.0.5 snapshot. Whenever I try to compile something
(with cc or gcc) I get errors like:
/usr/lib/crt0.o: Undefined symbol `__getenv' referenced from text segment

(usually 5 or more of these type of errors at a time.) When I compile
with the -static command-line option, I get less errors, and very simple
('hello world'-class) programs will compile. Does anyone know what the
problem is and how to fix it? Thanks in advance. :-)

Rob