Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 2020 16:59:36 +0000
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@freebsd.org>
To:        Li-Wen Hsu <lwhsu@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Ronald Klop <ronald-lists@klop.ws>, FreeBSD Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: xtoolchain-llvm10 missing?

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 05:52:04PM +0800, Li-Wen Hsu wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 11:15 PM Ronald Klop <ronald-lists@klop.ws> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Building CURRENT on my laptop takes very very long because every little
> > change in llvm/clang makes it recompile a complete compiler. So I want =
> > build with CROSS_TOOLCHAIN=3Dxtoolchain-llvm10 (10.0) and
> > WITHOUT_TOOLCHAIN=3Dyes.
> > In ports/pkgs the most recent versions I see are xtoolchain-llvm90 or
> > xtoolchain-llvm-devel (11.0?).
> > Is xtoolchain-llvm10 missing on purpose?
>=20
> I guess you want something like CROSS_TOOLCHAIN=3Dllvm10, and
>=20
> /usr/local/share/toolchains/llvm10.mk
> /usr/local/share/toolchains/llvm-devel.mk
>=20
> Are installed by llvm10 and llvm-devel now.

For further clarification, we're moving to a model were we always
install the toolchains/*.mk file for cross toolchains.  This means that
if you want CROSS_TOOLCHAIN=3Dfoo to work you just need to install the foo
package.  There's probably an argument I should make the change to
llvm90 since that one is still of some use, but I've been too lazy to
change the older ones.

-- Brooks

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62

--+QahgC5+KEYLbs62--