Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 2006 14:09:28 -0500
From:      Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@crodrigues.org>
To:        Randall Stewart <rrs@cisco.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Tools looking for a home :-)

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 09:49:05AM -0500, Randall Stewart wrote:
> Dear All:
>
> I would like opinions... and or advice on where
> to place things..
>
> I have some SCTP test tools.. I know there is
> a /usr/src/tools directory.... should I just
> make an sctp/ directory under that.. and then
> place some of the test-tools in there? Or have
> folks got a place for IP transport test utilities?
>
> I also have a "libsctp.a" that will need to go
> somewhere under /usr/src/lib .. I would imagine.. its

Hi,

Probably you should put your library
under /usr/src/lib/libsctp (like in KAME),
and your test tools under /usr/src/tools/tools/sctp.

Until you get libsctp in the tree,
the SCTP code is not too useful since quite a few
third party userland SCTP programs depends on libsctp.

--
Craig Rodrigues
rodrigc@crodrigues.org