Date:      Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:28:03 +0200
From:      Tobias Roth <roth@iam.unibe.ch>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   IBM T30 and thermal problems

Hi

Yesterday afternoon I got several coredumps with sig 4 and sig 10
during a kernel build, at different stages of compilation. This
morning, everything compiled through neatly.

I got my T30 1.8GHz last autumn, so it never really experienced hot
days until now. The last memcheck (memtest86) run was several months
ago, and it didn't reveal any problems. But then, this check doesn't
seem too reliable to me, it didn't detect a dimm as bad that
definitely was broken.

So my questions: did anyone experience heat problems with a T30? And
what can I do to pinpoint the problem?

thx, t.