Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 2004 20:16:09 -0400
From:      Christopher Nehren <apeiron@comcast.net>
To:        FreeBSD GNOME List <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Anyone care to help fix Mono threading / GCing?

--Dxnq1zWXvFF0Q93v

I've prepared ports for monodoc, gecko-sharp, and gtksourceview-sharp=20
(ports/7043[012]), and am ready to start working on one for monodevelop, wh=
ich=20
configures and builds completely unaltered.  However, it fails with the=20
infamous "Assertion failed: (lu->lu_myreq->lr_owner =3D=3D lu), function=20
_lock_acquire, file /usr/src/lib/libpthread/sys/lock.c, line 171." when I t=
ry=20
to run it. I'd really like to be able to actually use the three ports that =
I=20
spent the day making :-), but my C is nowhere near good enough to fix this.=
 If=20
you'd like to contribute and help Mono on FreeBSD, now is as good a time as=
=20
any. =20

So far, I've narrowed it down to the code which spawns a new process (which=
 is=20
why {/,-}pkg: fails). I've written some very simple C# test programs to tes=
t=20
this, and the spawned programs themselves never return to the parent proces=
s. I=20
don't know what that means in terms of the threading library, but I'm hopin=
g=20
that someone here does.

--=20
pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson
-
--Dxnq1zWXvFF0Q93v

--Dxnq1zWXvFF0Q93v--