Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 2003 22:30:22 -0500
From:      taxman <taxman@acd.net>
To:        "Kung Ching-Yi" <ching_yi_kung@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Change default IPC limitations

On Monday 10 March 2003 08:49 pm, Kung Ching-Yi wrote:
> Hi, I have a need to change the following settings.
> kern.ipc.msgmni
> kern.ipc.semmns
> kern.ipc.shmmni
>
> I can't use sysctl to modify these since it returns "read-only" message.
>
> I assume I need to rebuild the kernel but I don't know exactly which module
> (header, source code etc) I need to modify. Can anybody help?
>
> Besides, do I need to build anything other than kernel to have it work
> correctly?

I don't know, and if you don't get any answers here after a couple days, try
asking on -hackers.  Some of what you are looking for may be here if you
haven't seen this yet:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/index.html

and this is outdated, but may help you understand the roots of IPC on FreeBSD
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/design-44bsd/index.html

Tim