Date:      Thu, 19 Jul 2001 12:30:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: multiple cpus on an 8200...

On 19-Jul-01 Matthew Jacob wrote:
> No, actually there's a TLSB register bit for this:
>
>#define TLINTRMASK0     0x1100          /* C: Interrupt Mask Register CPU 0 */
>#define TLINTRMASK1     0x1140          /* C: Interrupt Mask Register CPU 1 */

> /*
>  * CPU Interrupt Mask Register
>  *
>  * The PAL code reads this register for each CPU on a TLSB CPU board
>  * to see what is or isn't enabled.
>  */
>#define TLINTRMASK_CONHALT      0x100   /* Enable ^P Halt */
>#define TLINTRMASK_HALT         0x080   /* Enable Halt */
>#define TLINTRMASK_CLOCK        0x040   /* Enable Clock Interrupts */
>#define TLINTRMASK_XCALL        0x020   /* Enable Interprocessor Interrupts */
>#define TLINTRMASK_IPL17        0x010   /* Enable IPL 17 Interrupts */
>#define TLINTRMASK_IPL16        0x008   /* Enable IPL 16 Interrupts */
>#define TLINTRMASK_IPL15        0x004   /* Enable IPL 15 Interrupts */
>#define TLINTRMASK_IPL14        0x002   /* Enable IPL 14 Interrupts */
>#define TLINTRMASK_DUART        0x001   /* Enable GBUS Duart0 Interrupts */
>
> It turns out that the XCALL (IPI) is enabled on both CPUs on jules:
>
> TLINTRMASK0 1ff TLINTRMASK1 fe
>
> That is, CPU0 has ^P halt set, while CPU1 doesn't have GBUS zs interrupts
> set.
>
> Interestingly enough, both have clock interrupts enabled- I might try fixing
> that.

No, please leave that on.  Having the system broadcast clock interrupts is
much nice than us having to IPI all the other CPU's when a clock interrupt
comes in, and this is how all the other alpha SMP systems seem to be working
(and is how the port assumes alpha SMP handles clock interrupts).

> It's wierd- I had left jules booting yesterday- I was able to log in and run
> everything up until a ps (see below), whereupon it hangs for a while.
>
> -matt

Did it eventually unhang?