Date:      Mon, 05 Nov 2001 11:16:57 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject:   3ware, heads up.

------- Blind-Carbon-Copy

To: hardware@frebsd.org
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 11:16:57 -0800
From: Mike Smith <msmith@mass.dis.org>

I've just been informed that all your complaints to 3ware about
cancelling the Escalade controller family appear to have had some results.

Based on the following release (forwarded to me from our friends at ASA
Computers) and the fact that 3ware's website has the Escalade section
back up, it looks like they're giving it another go.

(trimmed non-product related items)
Good news finally.. from 3ware.

 - 3ware has reversed our decision to eol the Escalade product line for the
7XXX family.  We listened to customers request loud and clear.

 - The 6XXX family will continue on eol through 12-31-01 or until
quantities last.

 - The 7XXX line will continue with 4 products.  7410, 7810, 7450,
7850.  They ship in either kits or bulk 10 paks.  No changes to packaging.
The difference between the 10 and 50 series is the following:

The 50 series includes additional 2mb memory module for enhanced RAID 5
write performance. Our labs have tested 40-60mb/sec sustained R5 write
performance.  This beats U160SCSI RAID from Mylex and Adaptec by 2-1.

Regards,
Mike
- --

------- End of Blind-Carbon-Copy