Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 12:38:28 +0000
From:      Niall Smart <rotel@indigo.ie>
To:        Johan Larsson <johan@moon.pp.se>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux emulation problem

On Apr 13,  9:11am, Johan Larsson wrote:
> Niall Smart <rotel@indigo.ie> wrote:
> > I just noticed that if you create /compat/linux/foo as a symlink
> > to /etc then linux binaries get the contents of the "real" /etc,
> > however I consider this to be broken and have send-pr'd it.
>
> Why? This seems to be the right thing to do. If you want to make a
> symlink you either have to do one relative in the compat tree or
> absolut to /usr/compat/linux....

Yes, that makes sense, I'll cancel that PR.  Those semantics are
weird, but probably the least weird given that you might wish to
access /etc instead of /usr/compat/etc using a linux binary.

Niall

--
Niall Smart.  Microsoft Suck.  See www.freebsd.org for details.
echo "#define if(x) if(!(x))" >> /usr/include/stdio.h