Date:      Sun, 13 May 2001 20:10:42 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Eric M Logan <ericmlogan@mediaone.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: make world?

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 10:55:49AM -0700, Eric M Logan wrote:
> I recently installed a bare bones installation of FreeBSD that came out
> to under 200MB.  After a "make world" the system went over 500MB?!  How
> can I cvsup my sources and "make world" w/o adding/updating additional
> stuff other than the original barebones installation?  I've already
> tried uncommenting the options in /etc/make.conf such as no_cvs, etc but
> with no success.  Any ideas or help would be appreciated, thanks.

Those 500 MB would not by any chance include the contents of /usr/src or
/usr/obj, each of which is about 300 MB ?
If that is the case 'rm -fr /usr/src/* /usr/obj/*' should free a lot of
diskspace.
Otherwise I have no idea. My barebones installation is still at about 150 MB
after several upgrades but then neither /usr/src nor /usr/obj reside on that
machine.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson