Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 95 10:48:11 +0100
From:      dave@odyssey.ucc.ie (David B. O'Byrne)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   What are the minimum Specs for a machine to run DOS/OS2 + FreeBSD

Hi, I will be getting enough money to set up a lab of Machines.

I want to be able to run OS2 DOS and FreeBSD

My understanding was that in previous versions of FreeBSD (possibly
a generic problem with the PC archictecture) that very ladge disks
containing multiple operating systems was a problem. I believe the
problem stemmed from the root/boot partition needing to be below
1024 so BIOS can boot the kernel from it.

Am I correct ? I believe FreeBSD 2.? was supposed to add support for
something (sorry cannot remember what exactly) that would allow
easier support for this type of setup...

Am I making sense ?

thank you
David