Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 1996 20:10:25 -0700 (MST)
From:      Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To:        Craig Shrimpton <craigs@os.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: wu-ftpd 2.4.2 beta 11

BSD make sometimes behaves differently than whatever make (GNU make?) the
wuftpd developers are using.  It seems to be something related to
precedence of the default rules and the SRCS variable.  May be a bug, may
just be a difference.

Do a 'cd src; gmake vers.o; cd ..' and try the build again.  If you don't
have gmake installed, a 'cd src; sh newvers.sh; cd ..' should do the same
thing.

Once you get past this, I don't think there are any more problems to deal
with.