Date:      Sat, 19 Jun 1999 15:14:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu>
To:        Aaron Smith <aaron-fbsd@mutex.org>
Cc:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>, John Baldwin <jobaldwi@smtp1.erols.com>
Subject:   Re: Changing Bootmgr display

On 19-Jun-99 Aaron Smith wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Jun 1999 14:26:52 EDT, John Baldwin writes:
>>Then don't use BootEasy.  The OS-BS boot manager is quite nice, and the beta
>>version (which seems very stable in my experience) even provides a nice
>>colorful menu on boot up as well as a nice installation utility.
>>
>>And with that you can name each partition whatever you want, put them in any
>>order, and optionally have a default partition to boot to.
>
> LILO's an option too, right? Is no one mentioning it for some
> incompatibility I don't know about (I haven't used it with FreeBSD), or is
> the reason political?
>
> Aaron

No, I just happen to use OS-BS in an environment of machines that dual boot NT
and FreeBSD.  (And my machine which dual boots '95 and FreeBSD).  I don't
happen to use Linux, so I don't happen to use LILO.  No politics there.

Also, both BootEasy and OS-BS (stable and beta versions) come on the FreeBSD
CD's, so I'd reccommend those to a FreeBSD user just because they are easy to
get to (no 'net surfin' required) if they have the CD's.

FWIW, OS-BS is a completely OS-independent project with no affiliation with
FreeBSD, it just happens to be on the CD.  (AFAIK)

---

John Baldwin <jobaldwi@vt.edu> -- http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/
PGP Key: http://members.freedomnet.com/~jbaldwin/pgpkey.asc
"Power Users Use the Power to Serve!"  -  http://www.freebsd.org