Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:55:45 +0200
From:      des@des.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?q?Sm=F8rgrav?=)
To:        Chris Pressey <cpressey@catseye.mine.nu>
Cc:        FreeBSD-qa@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Mail selection options in sysinstall(8).

Chris Pressey <cpressey@catseye.mine.nu> writes:
> des@des.no (Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav) wrote:
> > Performance under high load will be abysmal if you leave out the
> > bigqueue patches, and you may also want to increase the hash size.
> > [...]
> That would be a nice touch.  I still don't understand, though, is it a
> correctness issue, or a performance issue?  My server is not under high
> load, and qmail sure seems to work correctly.

These are just performance issues (but serious ones; under high loads,
qmail performance can sometimes get so bad that it enters a death
spiral where everything it does just makes the problem worse; I've
experienced this in the field).  There may be some correctness issues
as well; DJB is not known for letting the harsh realities of life get
in the way of pedantic RFC compliance.  There have been problems in
the past with qmail being unable to cope with non-compliant DNS
servers.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=F8rgrav - des@des.no