Date:      Wed, 5 Sep 2001 14:27:51 -0700
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        Jason DiCioccio <geniusj@bluenugget.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Stable <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   CCD vs VINUM [was Re: RAID5]

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 01:41:03AM -0700, Jason DiCioccio wrote:
> vinum, IMHO, has the BEST manpage I've ever seen out of an open source
> product.
>
> It has a ton of examples and explains things very well although it's
> quite lengthy.  Therefore i'm not sure what the issue was with setting
> up the mirror.

Is there a pointer somewhere to a comparison between ccd and vinum?

I've used ccd to make a large, striped filesystem for a news server,
and I've used Veritas Volume Manager under Solaris for a number of
things, so I think I grok the concepts.

But a pros/cons article, perhaps with performance benchmarks, would
be of interest to me.

<Every nail I can drive in the Solaris coffin, doncha know.>

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.com