Date:      Mon, 14 Sep 1998 18:22:10 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        The <FreeBSD-Hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Missing CVS $Id strings

Many many thanks. :)  Don't let the below be interpreted as
ungratefulness. I also understand Bruce's point about not tagging files
on a vendor branch, and I suppose that the same argument can be made for
the named.root file. Fortunately none of those files will be changing
often for the same reason.

Brian Somers wrote:

> Here's what I did:
>
> > /etc/gnats/freefall                   No source

	The Makefile in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/send-pr copies the categories file
in that same directory to /etc/gnats/freefall. My testing indicates that
a # comment in that file is harmless, but someone else might want to
look it over. Given that this file hardly ever changes putting an $Id
string in it isn't a priority.

> > /etc/motd                             Skipped
> > /boot.help                            Skipped

	Ok, this is fine... probably better for aesthetic reasons anyway.

> > /etc/master.passwd                    No source
> > /etc/passwd                           No documented comment chars
> > /var/crash/minfree                    No documented comment chars
> > /.cshrc                               Ok (same as /root/.cshrc)

	I meant to delete these files from the list, sorry.

Thank you once again, :)

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

"Yes, the president should resign. He has lied to the American people,
time and time again, and betrayed their trust. He is no longer an
effective leader. Since he has admitted guilt, there is no reason to put
the American people through an impeachment. He will serve absolutely no
purpose in finishing out his term; the only possible solution is for the
president to save some dignity and resign."

- William Jefferson Clinton, 1974