Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2001 17:46:51 -0700
From:      "Jon O ." <jono@microshaft.org>
To:        The Psychotic Viper <psyv@root.org.za>
Cc:        "Jon O ." <jono@microshaft.org>, nathan@salvation.unixgeeks.com, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Reinfection phase Re: possible?

On 22-Jul-2001, The Psychotic Viper wrote:
> Hi,
> On Sat, 21 Jul 2001, Jon O . wrote:
>
> > I justed wanted to make sure everyone was aware that Code Red is supposed
> > to restart its infection phase on 8.01.01.
> sorry have to ask, but what format is that date in? Because if its d/mm/yr
> then 8th January 2001 is over:) (maybe 8/10/01?)

08.01.01
August 1, 2001. Sorry if it's US centric.

I'm really tired so I would check the eeye.com site for the true date, but
I'm pretty sure it's the Aug. 1.

Eeye did the disassemble, they know best...

> > Watch out for their scanner tool though, it's a windows binary and there
> > is no source...
> Eeye are the good guys I think...:)

I agree, but I also can't understand why they don't give the source. I mean
even MS is releasing source.