Date:      Tue,  5 Sep 2000 12:16:24 -0400
From:      David Johnston <djohn@vviuh221.vvi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Thanks for the good book and newbie question ...

Hi Again FreeBSD:

> UNIX Network Programming, Volume 1, second Edition.

I wrote my first client/server sub-system using the book's examples. It is so cool!

Now I need to ask the occasional question. Is there a better freebsd mail
list for these type of questions? The one I have now is the following:

When I kill the server then immediately restart it then bind gives "bind
error: Address already in use". But if I wait for about 1 minute then I can
start the server up again. How do I make it such that bind will "figure it
out" right away, or (put another way) why can't bind figure out that the
address and port are no longer in use?

Sincerely,

David Johnston
djohn@vvi.com