Date:      Wed, 2 Dec 1998 22:18:34 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
To:        Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Still errors stopping audio CDs in current

In article <Pine.GSO.4.05.9812022142200.27248-100000@tundra.winternet.com> you wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I am still seeing the same problems trying to stop audio CDs in my SCSI CD-ROM
> drive.  I am now running a 3.0 kernel from about 6:30AM CST.  The machine is a
> dual Pentium machine, with a Buslogic BT-946c SCSI controller, one 1GB HP
> SCSI-2 disk, and a Sony 4x SCSI CD-ROM attached.  It also has an IDE disk in
> it.  Here is dmesg info for the controller, disk, and cd-rom:

I've been too swamped with 'real work' to really look into this, which is
why I haven't commented so far.  Sorry about that.

I took a quick look at the cd ioctl code and did find at least one
potential problem.  When performing a CDIOEJECT, an allow media removal
operation is not performed before issuing the stop unit command.  This
may confuse the device.  This doesn't explain why we would hang waiting
to get a CCB though.  That indicates a resource tracking bug somewhere
in the driver most likely triggered by something cdcontrol or cdplay is
doing before the eject.  A ktrace of what these programs do would be
useful.

--
Justin