Date:      Sun, 22 Oct 1995 15:39:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Barry Masterson <jbarrm@panix.com>
To:        "freebsd.questions" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   "patch 1 from patchkit" : Makefile

I've read in the FAQ.3 about a required 'patch 1' from 'patchkit'
in order to get the compilation to work.   I haven't seen the patchkit
at the ftp site ( wcarchive.cdrom.com )

Is it required for 2.0.5?  I'm going for the GENERICISA kernel on a
486DX2-66

Thanks

Barry Masterson
jbarrm@panix.com
----------------

   Section 3.	(Kernel Building and Maintenance)

   To build a particular kernel (in this example, we use the GENERICISA
   configuration file):

     % cd /sys/i386/conf
     % config GENERICISA
     % cd /sys/compile/GENERICISA
     % make depend
     % make

   You'll need patch 1 from the patchkit to get the compilation to work,
   'cause the version file isn't correctly included in the Makefile.