Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 1997 18:40:27 -0500
From:      "Evan Champion" <evanc@synapse.net>
To:        "Greg Lehey" <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 971026 wouldn't let me set timezone

>I don't understand.  What do you mean by "setting the timezone"?
>Assuming that you're on the US East Coast, you would do something
>like:

As I wrote in the original message, I'm saying that sysinstall won't let me
do it.  The timezone-setting option in sysinstall seems to be a no-op; you
click on it, and absolutely nothing happens.  It's supposed to bring up that
menu that lets me pick what country etc. I'm in, and nothing at all happens.

>> It also failed installing one of the XFree card-specific servers (sorry,
>> don't remember which one).
>
>Well, you can't really expect anybody to help you then, can you?

Maybe I won't report it next time and then it really won't help anyone.

After spending 5 hours trying to load FreeBSD the last thing I thought of
was "gee, maybe I should write that one down."  If I'm lucky, -current will
eat itself, and I can enjoy another 5 hours of downloading, and maybe I will
write it down next time.

The file exists but it fails gunzip'ing after a couple hundred K, so all
that should be required is for someone to go to the XFree86 dist and gzip -t
everything (which probably isn't such a bad idea in general as the XFree
distribution doesn't get updated very often).  I tried reloading the file 3
times so I'm sure it's not a figment of my computer's imagination...

Evan