Date:      Fri, 8 Aug 1997 09:22:29 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        wwong@wiley.csusb.edu (William Wong)
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Chat)
Subject:   Re: Status of USB, TX chipset, PIIX3, etc.

William Wong writes:

>>> Actually, maybe he has a mouse which delivers position updates in
>>> microns - ever think of THAT?  Huh?  Huh?!  :-)
>>>

>> The business idea of the century - let's make all mouses transmit data at
>> the rate the present processors can not keep up so everybody upgrades...
>>> -)
>>
>> 	Sander
>>
>> 	There is no love, no good, no happiness and no future -
>> 	all these are just illusions.
>>
>>> 					Jordan
>>>

> Do we remember when Bill Gates stated just a few years back that no one
> could possibly utilize all 640k of memory on the original IBM PC?
> Unfortunately, history does repeat itself even to those who do remember
> the past. :(

If you think back a little harder, you'll recall that Bill Gates
wasn't the bogey man back then.  It was IBM.  And they were the people
who introduced the 640 kB limit.  I was using 86-DOS before the
introduction of the PC, and it had a 1 MB limit.

Isn't it comforting to see that even Big Blue wasn't able to continue
ruling the world?

Greg