Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2002 04:16:07 -0500
From:      Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        Oliver Braun <obraun@informatik.unibw-muenchen.de>
Cc:        Alan Eldridge <ports@geeksrus.net>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: muttprint port doesn't work with perl < 5.6

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 10:00:15AM +0100, Oliver Braun wrote:
>There is just one open question about this port:
>
>I forgot to add some RUN_DEPENDS :(
>
>muttprint uses the following external programms:
>
>latex, dvips, psnup, psselect, convert, uncompface
>
>This results in something like:
>
>RUN_DEPENDS=  latex:${PORTSDIR}/print/teTeX
>RUN_DEPENDS+= dvips:${PORTSDIR}/print/teTeX

Hmm, what's protocol on this? Two deps on same package... Porter's
Handbook doesn't say. I'd say just put one.

>.if defined(A4)
>RUN_DEPENDS+= psnup:${PORTSDIR}/print/psutils-a4

See $PORTSDIR/print/psutils-letter/Makefile. Use PAPERSIZE variable.
Default to "letter".

>RUN_DEPENDS+= convert:${PORTSDIR}/graphics/ImageMagick

Hmm, what's it use this for? I've not got IM installed (yet).

I'll do the PR for this if you want.

>IMO there are two possible solutions:
>1. We change the muttprint-script and forget about printing x-faces.
>2. I create a compface [1] port and make muttprint depend on it.
>
>IMO the second one is better.

Agreed. Feel free to run it by me before PR'ing it. I'll try to be a bit
more thorough (I just had some minor surgery and Vicodin kills a certain
amount of thinking along with the pain, it seems).

--
Alan Eldridge
"Dave's not here, man."