Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 1998 16:48:02 +0100
From:      Pierre.Beyssac@hsc.fr (Pierre Beyssac)
To:        didier@omnix.net (Didier Derny)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sendmail aliases / majordomo problem.

According to Didier Derny:
> After having upgraded from 2.2.2 to 2.2.5, newaliases is complaining
> about the majordomo aliases (in a separate file).

It would certainly help if you included the exact error messages
and the list of commands you use to get there...

Check that the alias file, the directory it is in, and all directories
above, are not "groupe writeable". Recent sendmail refuse to work if
this is not enforced (at least for sendmail.cf, I'm unsure about the
aliases file).
--
Pierre.Beyssac@hsc.fr