Date:      Fri, 4 Apr 1997 09:12:14 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        dennis@etinc.com (dennis)
Cc:        narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does de driver do 100MBIT Full Duplex?

dennis stands accused of saying:

> What you have now is a release that was supposed to be a "great
> saviour" feature-wise that is fundamentally unusable in its released
> form for a large number of users.....

Because, as has been observed beforehand, this "large number" of users
were either too timid, too indifferent, or too _stupid_ to participate
in the testing process.

I sure as hell don't recall any observations on your part on 2.2
during the prerelease testing on this or a number of other points
you've subsequently griped about; I would suggest that you could
probably have justified spending just a few hours a couple of times
installing and testing the various fully-bundled prerelease snapshots
and feeding back on your woes.

If you, and a few other serious, "production" users had just
_thought_ahead_ a little, 2.2 would have been less of a debacle than
it has currently turned out to be.  Without that sort of input
_before_ the final release is rolled, it's _not_ going to be possible
to make you happy.  Ever.  And that would be Bad.