Date:      Tue, 6 Apr 1999 15:31:33 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Wayne M Barnes <stabilizer@klentaq1.emergingtech.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Stable)
Subject:   mail relaying denied

Dear FreeBSD,

    Since I have installed 3.0/3.1, one of my mailing systems has been
refusing to send.  Since this system worked fine with the popper on
FreeBSD 2.2.8, I suspect some problem with my upgrade.

The mailer is Pegasus on Windows95, and the pop mailer is /usr/ports/mail/popper.
This problem has happened on 2 systems that are quite separate, although
they both do cross the Washington University network.

Delivery has failed on the enclosed message for the following
reasons reported either by the mail delivery system on the mail
relay host or by the local TCP/IP transport module:

      550 <CooperS@msnotes.wustl.edu>... Relaying denied
      550 <wayne@barnes1.wustl.edu>... Relaying denied

      Your original mail message follows: