Date:      Sun, 02 Nov 1997 22:50:41 +0100
From:      Frode Nordahl <froden@bigblue.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Setting up separate mail server?

Anyone got any good tips on setting up a sepperate machine as a mail server?

What I need is some smart way to distribute the passwd entries from our
login server to the mail server so that all the shell users get their mail
+ restricting access so they are not allowed to log in.

As of today the mail server for our domain is the same as the login server.
 What I was thinking of was to put the mail on a diff machine and NFS share
/var/spool/mail to that machine so pine etc works, and let the other
machine handle all mail (SMTP and POP).

If this is a good way to do it, how do I distribute the user entries in a
secure and efficient way?
Frode Nordahl         | PB 2509 Solli | Tlf: +47 22204718
Teknisk ansvarlig     | N-0202 Oslo   | Fax: +47 22203919
Computer Tjenester AS | Norway        | froden@bigblue.no