Date:      Thu, 20 Mar 1997 11:22:41 EST
From:      "Christian" <PLAZAS_CHRISTIAN@COLSTATE.EDU>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   XFree86 Question

Hi,

About six months or more (probably more) ago there was a discussion
on one of the FreeBSD lists (I think it was questions, but I could be
wrong) about re-linking the X server with phkmalloc because the stock
X server was linked against another libary which had major memory
leaks.  I'm wondering if this is still true, and if so how would I go
about relinking the X server with a better malloc library?
I need to do this because I am buiding a FreeBSD box with only 16
Megs of memory that will need to run X for long periods of time
unattended, and I'd like to avoid having to reboot the machine too
often because of the X server's growth.

Thanks,
C.P.

Christian Plazas