Date:      Tue, 24 Mar 1998 15:40:02 +0000
From:      nik@iii.co.uk
To:        Jesus Rodriguez <jesusr@ncsa.es>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Spanish faq translation

On Tue, Mar 24, 1998 at 03:35:06PM +0100, Jesus Rodriguez wrote:
> Do you know if there is some spanish version of freebsd  faq ??...

Not to the best of my knowledge.

> if not, i
> would be interested in working about this. I'm using freebsd more than 2
> years ago and i would like to work on this way.

Great. I don't think anyone else is working on this at the moment, so this
would be a good way to give something back to FreeBSD.

Have you been able to look at how the FAQ is organised at the moment? By
this I mean the different .sgml files that make up the FAQ, and the
process that's used to turn these SGML files into HTML, Postscript, plain
text and so on?

If you have, that's fantastic. If you haven't, it's probably a good
place to start. Using CTM or CVSup (see the "Staying current with FreeBSD"
section in the Handbook) you'll want to download the 'doc-all'
distribution, and then take a look at the files in /usr/doc, which should
hopefully be self explanatory.

If you've got questions, or you've already done the steps outlined above,
please get back in touch so we can push this forward.

Thanks for volunteering,

Work: nik@iii.co.uk                       | FreeBSD + Perl + Apache
Rest: nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk    | Remind me again why we need
Play: nik@freebsd.org                     | Microsoft?