Date:      Tue, 20 Oct 2015 12:58:42 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
To:        Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
Cc:        NGie Cooper <yaneurabeya@gmail.com>, "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Updating makefs(8) with updates from NetBSD

Ed Maste wrote this message on Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 14:55 -0400:
> Option (b) or (c) seem to be cleaner and is probably less work overall
> -- there are more than 100 commits in NetBSD after our last sync.  It
> has the downside of limiting work that can be done by multiple people
> concurrently though, and includes file system support that's not of
> interest to us (e.g. v7fs).

If we changed to linker sets instead of a hard coded table in makefs.c,
then we just don't compile in the v7fs files, and no other changes are
needed...

I'd be willing to make the changes to support linker sets for this..

This would also allow dynamic loading of fs modules w/o much trouble
through LD_PRELOAD iirc...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579