Date:      Mon, 12 Mar 2001 18:20:44 -0500
From:      "Dave VanAuken" <dave@hawk-systems.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: FreeVSD for FreeBSD?

was averaging about 200mb per jail, this was with only token reduction
in un-needed files(no serious pruning) and with inclusion of port
sources for common entried such as MySQL, PHP, and so forth.  Hard
linking them could be an option though I have not explored the
ramifications of:
1) linking to a source outside of the jail(chrooted environment)
2) the problem of cvsuping the root(host) server and dealing with the
jail's relianced on hard linked portions of the tree that are cvsup'ed
without rebuilding the jails (this is a major pitfall of jail as I see
it)

Thus the desire to explore an option that has the interface and
root/host management like this FreeVSD claims to have.  Jail has had
stuff like this on the "proposed" list for some time, but a solution
in the near future without waiting on the Jail team to finish thier
work would be nice.

Good discussion,  still looking for solution. :)

Dave