Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 1999 17:22:52 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Erez Zadok <ezk@cs.columbia.edu>
To:        Robert Watson <robert+freebsd@cyrus.watson.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stupidfs - easily extensible test file systems?

Robert, it's been done.  To some degree that's nullfs (if nullfs had been
working; the VFS is broken).  I've written stackable f/s templates exactly
for the purpose of developers using them to build other f/s w/o having the
many hassles of writing a full f/s.  My wrapper templates, called wrapfs,
work on freebsd, linux, and solaris.  You can build all kinds of f/s using
them, including f/s that do not require persistent storage.

See
	http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~ezk/research
for papers, and
	http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~ezk/research/software
for tarballs.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Erez Zadok.
Columbia University Department of Computer Science.
EMail: ezk@cs.columbia.edu           Web: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~ezk