Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 1995 15:08:46 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Andreas Klemm <andreas@knobel.gun.de>
Cc:        Jonathan Clark <jc@crack.com>, hackers@freebsd.org, jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X11 game ABUSE, currently only available for Linux because , a lack of hardware resources... can someone help ?

> Hi Jonathan !
>
> I'll write Jordan Hubbard a Cc: of this thread, so he can decide,
> whether it's worth for the FreeBSD project,

It's not worth it for the FreeBSD project.  I've already talked with
Dave Taylor a bit about this and came to the conclusion that if we
wanted to run Abuse, we'd be better off running the Linux version
than in trying to tilt at the various windmills inside crack.com.

Face facts, folks.  They like Linux there, they're motivated to port
to Linux and that's about 100% more than you get from most DOS game
companies so why not simply "go with the flow" as we like to say here
in the states?  Let them do their Linux ports and we'll treat them as
a challenge for the Linux emulator.

Mind you, if somebody here really WANTS to give crack.com a FreeBSD
box in hopes that they'll actually power it up and port to it, well, I
certainly won't stand in the way but that's strictly between the
generous donor and crack.com.  Please leave me out of the loop!

Thanks..

					Jordan