Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 1999 21:43:58 -0700 (MST)
From:      Steven Young <dreamer@freelow.ninsei.com>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
Cc:        Kent Vander Velden <graphix@iastate.edu>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, dillon@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 3.1-Stable Being Unstable

On Sat, 13 Mar 1999, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> As a temporary workaround please disable the screen saver code.
> I was having the same problems with 4.0 and taking out the saver
> module kept my machine from crashing.

  For the record, I have been experiencing a large number of kernel panics
under 3.1-RELEASE due to the screen saver.  Happens with all the different
screen saver modules, basically whenever I hit a key or whatever to get
rid of the screen saver, the system crashes and burns.

  Disabling the screen saver entirely and not compiling in the
pseudo-device seem to have fixed the problem, but I'm probably one of the
last five people on the planet that still uses an amber monitor that
actually needs a screen blanker. ;)

  Steve.