Date:      Tue, 19 Dec 2000 16:20:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/23646: Staroffice 5.2 fails to install on FreeBSD 4.1.1-RELEASE

The following reply was made to PR ports/23646; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
To: Steve Davidson <sdav2@yahoo.com>
Cc: Chris Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>,
	freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: ports/23646: Staroffice 5.2 fails to install on FreeBSD
 4.1.1-RELEASE
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 01:18:08 +0100 (CET)

 Hi,

 Since I'm busy with rpc stuff you have not heard from me.

 I know this error, but have never been able to track it down.
 I never had it myself (about 20 installations of SO).

 About 200 sucessful insallations I know, and about 20 failed,
 exactly with the same error.

 Can you send me everything as output you can get ?

 - Linux Lib versions (/compat/linux/sbin/ldconfig -p)
 - The ENV variables you've set in the shell
 - Are you installing under X ?
 - Do you use NFS mounts for the ports-dir ?
 - Which shell do you use ?

 Martin

 Martin Blapp, mb@imp.ch
 Improware AG, UNIX solution and service provider
 Zurlindenstrasse 29, 4133 Pratteln, Switzerland
 Phone: +41 79 370 26 05, Fax: +41 61 826 93 01