Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 22:01:46 -0600
From:      "Jason Smethers" <jsmethers@pdq.net>
To:        <hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Mutexs: checking for initialization

I've got some kernel code that passes untrusted data containing mutic.
I'd like to be able to check if the mutic have been initialized and
return an error if they haven't. As of now I don't see a standard way
of checking for initialization. I'd like to do it this way to abstract
out the way things are locked, and in FreeBSD's case the mutex's
description.

I known I can do this other ways, but it'd be nice if there was a
standard way to check for this. Just a thought, or else I'd have a
diff =O.

Thanks
- Jason