Date:      Fri, 2 May 1997 11:20:10 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@bitbox.follo.net>
To:        Hendra Sentono <hendra@unix.ukdw.ac.id>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where to find DHCP server for 2.1.5R

> > > 	http://www.vix.com/isc/dhcp.html
> > >
> > > Since Paul Vixie uses BSDI it should be an easy port if
> > > there isn't already a FreeBSD config.
> >
> > It is in the FreeBSD ports collection.  You'd probably be better of
> > using that.
>
> Is it work for the 2.1.5-RELEASE ? If so, where would I find it (in what
> part of the ports collection) ?

I don't know if it was added to the ports collection before 2.1.5 -
2.1.5 is Ancient.  Presently it lies in net/isc-dhcp.  If it isn't
there for 2.1.5, you should use CVSup to upgrade your ports
collection, and download by hand /usr/share/mk/bsd.port.{mk,subdir.mk}
and the latest make.  Then you can keep up with the latest ports even
on ancient systems; if you CVSup more than just the ports collection,
you can even drop the 'ancient' part :-)

Read the handbook for details.

Eivind.