Date:      Thu, 8 Jan 1998 12:32:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
To:        lhartfor@mtghouse.com
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/bin/su modification time changing

Suggest using md5, not sum.  Script kiddies have had tools since 1990
or so to fake out sum.

diff is also useful. :)

Also, I seem to recall that theres a problem with FreeBSD where the OS
randomly updates the mod time, but nothing else, of a file.

Adam

--
<123> stargate /export/home/adam% passwd
passwd:  Changing password for adam