Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:18:30 +0000
From:      Julian Holley <julian@holley.uklinux.net>
To:        "freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org" <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Speed ?

Hi folks - I recently installed FreeBSD 5.2 on an IBM TP 390x on which I
have successfully run Linux 2.2.* for years now, but I notice that BSD
seems to be distinctly slowly - I mean in regards to user interact -
i.e. desktop development (as you can imagine it's not a server) ....
this is not what I expected, I thought FreeBSD would be about the same
or maybe faster (more snappy) - is this usual ? or do I have somat wrong
with my installation ?  J

also anyone else using FreeBSD on IBM laptops - as both APM and APCI
seem to fail for my machine :(