Date:      Mon, 22 Jun 1998 12:53:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom <tom@sdf.com>
To:        alex@nac.net
Cc:        Simon Shapiro <shimon@simon-shapiro.org>, Chris Parry <laotzu@juniper.net>, freebsd-SCSI@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: DPT support binaries - How to Setup

On Sun, 21 Jun 1998 alex@nac.net wrote:

> Search the archives; there are about 10 instances of this in the past 2
> months.

  I've been on freebsd-scsi list a long time.  The only instance was your
system as I recall.

> It is when the array is in degraded mode, and you try to boot.

  No.  Done that here several times.

  However, you can't boot if the array is dead (RAID5 with two failed
drives) but that goes without saying.  I've seen an interesting scenario
where a rebuild caused a marginal drive to fail, so you always want to try
at least two simulated failures before bringing a new server online.

Tom