Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:08:45 -0400
From:      Steve Shorter <steve@nomad.lets.net>
To:        Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable Users <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: serious vinum bug in 4-10 RELEASE?-solved?

On Mon, Jul 12, 2004 at 06:40:01AM +0930, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
> I see no drives.
>
> > 	Ideas?

	I have concluded that this is the result of somekind
of vinum/hardware incompatibility. The problem in question
occured during the upgrade to faster disks, specifically,
Seagate Cheetah ST318453LC on a DELL 2450. If I swap back
the old Quantum Atlas 36G disk, the problem entirely
disappears. The new disks function ok with UFS partitions
but not vinum. It is 100% repeatable.

	Don't know why.

	thanx - steve