Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:32:13 -0700
From:      "R.P. Aditya" <aditya@grot.org>
To:        Marc <marc@geekythings.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Intel ISP1100 or similar 1U experience with 4.3 stable

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 06:22:45PM -0400, Marc wrote:
> I have a couple of Sun X1s...and they are indeed nice little units,
> especially given the price.

The only negative thing I've heard about them is that they are
loud...comments?

> The Appro 1124 is a nice box...although it's more expensive than the Sun
> box. It's a nice 1U chasssis with four (4!) hot-swap drive bays and the
> Tyan Athlon MP motherboard. http://www.appro.com/1124/index.html

Thanks for the pointer, however I'm looking for something smaller -- I'd have
to mount the Appro 1124 in a four-post rack or mid-mount at best, but the
Netra x1 can be front mounted.  What's more, the Appro's BIOS doesn't look
like it can redirect the output to only the serial port.

Power-hungry California likes small, cheap boxes which don't need video cards
and lots of drives...

Adi