Date:      Mon, 22 May 1995 11:12:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        mmead@Glock.COM (matthew c. mead)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Diagnostics for a hanging machine?

> On Mon, May 22, 1995 at 11:36:44 (-0400), Charles M. Hannum wrote:
>
>  > Could you describe the hardware configuration of the machine?  Also,
>  > what release of NetBSD were you using?
>
> 	The hardware configuration of the machine is as follows: 486dx2/66
> Intel CPU, EISA motherboard (not sure of maker, can check if it's helpful),
> 16M ram, BusTek 742a SCSI controller (shows up as aha), 639M Maxtor SCSI I

Though running the BusLogic/BusTek 742a with the aha driver does work,
it is marginal at best.  You should be using the bt742.c driver!!

This is probably why you have seen problems on both NetBSD and FreeBSD
with this system.  Convert to using the bt742 driver (should actually
be automatic in FreeBSD, unless perhaps you have your bt742 set to
1542 emulation mode).