Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 21:35:24 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD faster than light?

Greg Lehey writes:
> On Wednesday, 24 June 1998 at 20:12:27 -0500, David Kelly wrote:
> > What's "l"?
> >
> > n4hhe: {526} time l -rt Mail|wc
> > l: Command not found.
> >        0       0       0
> > n4hhe: {527}
>
> An alias for "ls -lL".

n4hhe: {550} time l
l: Command not found.
0.0u 0.0s 0:00.00 0.0% 0+0k 0+0io 0pf+0w
n4hhe: {551} alias l
ls -lL
n4hhe: {552}

Maybe my failure provides some clue. The alias was manually entered.
Also tried putting it in ~/.cshrc

Am I simply too tired to grok why time won't execute an alias on my
2.2.6 system and Greg's (probably -current) does?

Ooh! I see pppd just got a workover in -stable. Think I need to go play
with it. Maybe dial-on-demand has been added!