Date:      Sat, 13 Jun 2009 17:45:49 +0100
From:      Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   reecommendations for an 'appliance" platform ?

I am looking to deploy a couple of hundered system, which are supposed
to attach to a network and be plug-in-and-go. I am thinking of doing
this with a FreeBSD installation, duplicated onto flash cards, and
dumped into some off-the-sheelt hardware. The questions I, what hardware ?

I've done some research, and come up with boxes like this:

http://www.icp-epia.co.uk/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=434

But I was wondering if anyone knew of any alternatives, preferably
featuring a processor which can run amd64. The rest of thats pec
is fine, and I dont need wifi.

Any suggestions, or words of wisdom from anyone who has done someething
similar themselevs in the past ?

cheers,

-pete.