Date:      Mon, 10 Feb 2014 18:11:23 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>
To:        Eric Rapilly <vieux.bedouin@orange.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [freebsd 10]language

Hi,

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 10:58:01 +0100
Eric Rapilly <vieux.bedouin@orange.fr> wrote:

> Hi there. Sorry to disturb you. I did install a freebsd 10 on an
> intel i3 machine, but I'm an old newbie with unix, and i'have got
> some problems with this O.S.
> First of all, it's all english american, included GUI (gnome 2) and I
> prefer my natural language, i.e French. I tried to find some
> information on the net, but what i did find does'nt look to be
> convenient.Could you please help me ? thanks any way.

if you really need French, you might be out of luck with FreeBSD. The
ports available in French are in /usr/ports/french. This location looks
pretty empty to me.

Some programs support many languages as their language for the user
interface. For this reason, they are not contained in that location.
Gnome should support the switch to many other languages.

Erich